Monday, August 31, 2015

THE ONE

Her smile is what first captivates
A prisoner I immediately became
Gentle soul so precious and pure
With love's eternal flame

I lose myself in daydream
Somewhere lost in time
The thought of her surrounds me
Without need for reason or rhyme

It seemed that loneliness and sorrow
Had finally gone with the seasons
Replaced by loves most primal state
Her love, my hearts only reason

She disarmed all defenses
Like a thief so deft in the night
I lost all foolish pretense
As I bathed in her love and light

I thought I would hold her forever
And mend every broken part
Show her how true my love was
So she would never want to part

But life is not a daydream
Or a dream of any kind
And I know now and forever
She will never let herself be mine

Again I trudge the lonely road
Alone as it always seems
And never know why I wasn't enough
To fulfill her life and dreams............JBT 08/31/2015 For my one true love Katrina


No comments: